- At the beginning of the week last week, I weighed in at the lowest weight I've seen in a long time. That was good.
- We went with the Chickadees to the really fun, really kid-centric Great Wolf Lodge in Williamsburg, VA.
- We were upgraded to a Majestic Bear Suite™ (FOR FREE -- so exciting, I never get anything for free!) and, after the Chickadees were safely asleep in the master bedroom with a closed door between them and us, my husband and I looked at each other and asserted that we could definitely learn to live that way. No more lying still as statues in a dark, unfamiliar hotel room, willing the children to even out their breathing to the rhythmic "I Am Asleep" mode that every parent so longs for at the end of a stressful day of driving. It was GLORIOUS.
- This is our third time at Great Wolf Lodge, and it's a lot of fun. But it's a lot more fun when you can actually participate in the fun things. This is part of message I sent to my yoga instructor earlier today explaining why I wouldn't be at yoga for the second week in a row:
Last week I was speeding down a water slide, this week I'm taking Chickadee #2 to the doctor. So from the sublime to the mundane in one easy week. I also wanted to tell you how absolutely grateful I am to you and to yoga. My experience of Great Wolf this time was so different than the previous times that I went it can't even be compared. I had so much more flexibility and mobility, it was wonderful. I was actually able to play with my children and do some really fun things, so thank you very much.
And the failures --
- Instead of dinner one night, I had a cup of coffee and a piece of coconut cream pie from Silver Diner (this was on our way to Williamsburg -- it was snowing and I was stressed out to the nth degree, but still -- ridiculous).
- I still haven't gotten my husband to adjust the bolt on the bike I bought so I haven't been able to ride it. I'll have to make that job number one now that IT'S STOPPED SNOWING (we had snow last night, on March 30th).